Leverage the marketing concepts I use to improve the impact of your effort to reach customers. I invite you to try the exercises within your company.
These marketing concepts will help make your team effective by first, understanding your own brand, understanding the persons who interactive with your brand and lastly, make an intelligent decision about identifying your target audience and understanding your customers needs.
Define Your Brand exercise
Let’s discuss how outside entities are defining your brand
Estimated time to complete with 3–5 employees, 1 hour.
Defining your brand: Let’s define your brand by identifying its core attributes
- How would your customer describe your brand?
- How would you describe your ideal customer?
- If your brand was a person, how would you describe them?
- After interacting with your product or service how does your customer feel?
Brand Engagement Discovery exercise
Who should your brand’s product or service really target?
Estimated time to complete exercise with 3–5 employees, 1 hour.
Brand Engagement Process: Whose interacting with your brand?
Investigate the person(s) that interact with your brand. This will help you determine the audience you can focus on.
Utilize the following questions:
- Describe your current team serving customers?
- Where is most of your revenue coming from currently?
- Are there other people or entities whom attract attention to the company?
- Who do you want to target to procure more business from next year?
Understanding customer needs analysis exercise
Hyper-target your champion customer(s)
Estimated time to complete with 3–5 employees, 2 hours per customer persona.
Understanding your customer’s needs
You already understand your customer, right? This exercise aids you in digging deep profiling customers by detailing and developing a persona for each of them uniquely. This will help you to develop deliverables for understanding customer needs, then fulfilling them through strategic communication design.
1.) Determine Demographics.
Let’s list out what is your ideal customer’s vital statistics, it’s OK to fabricate them. After all you are creating your ideal uber customer.
- List their name
- place of employment
- job title
- current living location
2.) Create a Customer back story
Now that we have some inspiration, let’s develop the customer’s backstory.
- What kind of life do they lead?
- What is their work life like?
- What is their home life like?
- What do they do for fun?
- What do they do for stress relief?
- How do they communicate in unique ways?
- What is their favorite thing on this planet?
- What are the future aspirations?
3.) Homogenize customer needs, in relationship to your product
- What are their needs in relationship to what products or services you provide and why?
- Here we can list some pain points. We can address what can emotionally motivate them.
4.) How can your product exceed customer needs?
Based on the customer’s needs, how can your product or service brand exceed the customers needs?
- Here you can list features your product or service provides to go above and beyond the customer’s expectations.
- Is there a tangible need that is being met?
- Is there an emotional need that is being met?
- Is there a need that reveals itself over time, (a gift that keeps on giving?)
5.) Create a deliverables list of action items to act upon
Create deliverables based on the features your brand has for addressing the customers needs.
- Here we can list specific tactics we can use to add to our communications impact.
- Creative solutions based customer needs.
- Traditional tactical solutions based off customer needs.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Advertising Campaign Design
- Billboard and Outdoor Design
- Brand Identity Design
- Business Illustration Services
- Collateral Design
- Communication Design Consultation
- Concept Art and Renderings
- Creative Process
- Design Portfolio
- Let me help you build your brand
- Marketing Concepts and Planning Exercises
- Marketing knowledge from executives
- Mechanical Design Production
- Packaging Design
- Presentation Design
- Promotional Merchandise
- Sales Kit Design
- Service Capabilities
- Shop and Environmental Design
- Tradeshow Booth Design
- Using branding and marketing exercises in your company
- Defining Your Brand – Exercise Example Process
- Brand Engagement Exercise – Example Process
- Understanding Customer Needs – Process
- Actionable Communications Plan and Marketing Plan